This is me (and my T) on January 29, 2008 at 6:00 am.

And this is me that same day 4 hours later (pretty scary eh!):

The surgery turned out extremely well and what was supposed to be a 4 hour surgery was only 1:45. My docs were amazing and I am so grateful that they could remove Fib, without having to remove anything else. Amazingly enough, I was never anxious or nervous for the surgery. I am such a believer that all things happen for a reason and if things wouldn't have turned out so great I would have been ok too.
In fact, I think my body created Fib for a reason. I am a typical work-a-holic. I can't help it, I love to work (who doesn't love to put in 80 hours a week). I love my job and I could never get away. My company has what's called "May Away" where you get to take the month of May off, of course, I never took all of my time off so I got to use it for my surgery. I think my body finally said "enough is enough."
I couldn't drive, could barely walk, sitting up hurt, and pretty much couldn't do anything else but just be. It is exactly what I've needed to finally get my priorities straight. I am blessed that I get to work in a job that I enjoy so much.
But I've realized that I am even more blessed to have such an amazing husband who would do anything for me (even wipe my butt, like he had to in the hospital) and would fight with the hospital admissions staff until I got the Queen Bee suite that i wanted instead of the shared room dungeon I was once in (see pictures below) .
I am blessed to have amazing parents and in-laws who were by my side the entire way.
I am blessed to have a mom that would come to my house the first week I was home and clean and organize my entire house (thanks mom!).
I am blessed to have four sisters and a sister-in-law who, despite their busy lives, put things aside to help me.
I am blessed that I have amazing friends who rallied around me even when I was drunk on narcotics, and helped me on my path to recovery. I don't know what i would do without my girlfriends.
I am blessed to have a Heavenly Father that loves me and has a perfect plan for me.
I love you all.
Here are the pictures of my new room. On the move to my new hospital room:
My new "room with a view":
4 comments:
Your positive energy always seems to carry you through anything, and coming out on top of the world. You looked great on wed. I still can't believe the queen bee suite, that thing was hotel suite quality!
Thanks for sharing the pictures and your story. I am so glad you are finally starting to feel better. Can't wait to see you in the fall. Bises.
Glad you are okay!
Post a Comment